Saturday, September 6, 2008

Create CD and DVD Labels That Look Great!

When I recommend software, I usually try to suggest free programs. I also make sure that anything I suggest works with both Windows and Macintosh operating systems. However, I am currently using a Macintosh program which is not free ($35.95), but which I love… so I thought you might be interested in learning about it.

DiscLabel (from SmileOnMyMac) is inexpensive software for Macs which you can use to create and print labels for CDs, DVDs, and jewel case inserts. And… best of all… the labels and inserts look professional!

My husband and I created DVDs of family photos and movies as Christmas gifts for our family last year. I played with several designs for the DVD labels. I've posted one of them here.

Some of the features of DiscLabel are:
  • works with multiple layers
  • can apply effects (blur, sharpen, distort, color, stylize)
  • use circular text (multi-line, if you wish)
  • import playlists and track art from iTunes
  • import albums and pictures from iPhoto
  • can use direct-to-disc printers
  • drag and drop images from Finder and Photoshop (PSD) files
  • can copy and paste images
You can use one of many provided templates or create your own design. More than 1,300 clip art images come with the program for you to use. DiscLabel is available in English, Japanese, German, Italian, and French.

Technology allows both teachers and students to create projects and to share stories. Sometimes the best way to distribute these creations is by posting them on the web. Other times a CD or a DVD that you can make available to parents or the community is the best choice. DiscLabel can help make those CDs and DVDs look professional!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the nice mention! - Jean from SmileOnMyMac