DiscLabel (from SmileOnMyMac) is inexpensive software for Macs which you can use to create and print labels for CDs, DVDs, and jewel case inserts. And… best of all… the labels and inserts look professional!
My husband and I created DVDs of family photos and movies as Christmas gifts for our family last year. I played with several designs for the DVD labels. I've posted one of them here.
Some of the features of DiscLabel are:
- works with multiple layers
- can apply effects (blur, sharpen, distort, color, stylize)
- use circular text (multi-line, if you wish)
- import playlists and track art from iTunes
- import albums and pictures from iPhoto
- can use direct-to-disc printers
- drag and drop images from Finder and Photoshop (PSD) files
- can copy and paste images
Technology allows both teachers and students to create projects and to share stories. Sometimes the best way to distribute these creations is by posting them on the web. Other times a CD or a DVD that you can make available to parents or the community is the best choice. DiscLabel can help make those CDs and DVDs look professional!